Tuesday, November 18, 2008

For Matt and Sue...

I have been notified that I am slacking on my blogging habits.lol. I have been extremely busy lately! I have a second job now, and I thought that it would just be a side job, but I have found myself not getting off until 11:45 some nights :( I also have finals coming up! I deff. miss spending time with Amanda Everhart and Leighann

I finally decided on my major today: English!! I am not sure if I want to be a high school English teacher or just go straight into being an English professor. To all of the people who told me not to go into education, because it doesn't pay well, it is stressful, etc. get over it! I may not ever be rich materialistically, but who cares! I am sure I will have all I need in Christ Jesus! Why do I need a mansion here when I already have one waiting on me...hello??? Anyhow, I have always felt I was called to the mission field, and I always wanted it to be somewhere far off, but that is not always how it works. I have come to realize that my mission field my be in a high school or college campus...either way it is just as important! 

Anyhow, back to the busyness. I have something going on every weekend now, so deff. no time to rest there. There is so much going on!!!! I did make a 100 on a History test today; which is a first!

I wanted this blog to be GREAT. I was trying to hold off until I could post pictures or a video, but I was informed that I was slacking; so, no GREATNESS...sorry! This is actually randomness! I am sure I will have more to post later, but I about to get some sleep!

This is why diligence pays off:

Proverbs 10:4-He who has a slack hand become poor, but the hand of the diligent makes rich. 

5 comments:

Matt said...

Wow! An actual new post--from Kayla!?!?! I'm shocked.

Are you going to just be an English major, or like an English Lit major?

Sue said...

YEA!!!!!!! I am so proud to hear from my girl Kayla!! The mission field is wherever you are.

codie lee said...

I agree 100% with Mrs. Sue... the mission field is wherever you are! Also... when it comes to choosing a career, you want to do something you love. Because seriously, who wants to go to work 40 hours a week doing something they hate? Money does not matter in the long run... and like you said... the mansion is taken care of! :) Oh and congrats on the 100 on the history test...

codie lee said...

I agree 100% with Mrs. Sue... the mission field is wherever you are! Also... when it comes to choosing a career, you want to do something you love. Because seriously, who wants to go to work 40 hours a week doing something they hate? Money does not matter in the long run... and like you said... the mansion is taken care of! :) Oh and congrats on the 100 on the history test...

DaNella Auten said...

Do you realize an English degree is an open door to ANY country, even countries like China who don't allow "missionaries". Wow... I smell God in your decision.