Sunday, October 12, 2008

God and wireless internet!

Both wonderful things respectably in that order. I had been asking Mom for wireless Internet at the house for quite some time so that  I wouldn't have to carry my laptop to the living room to get on the Internet. So we finally got the equipment delivered to the house to go wireless and as always, we had to call overseas for directions of how to activate the thing. It just so happened to be a foreign person who did not understand us or did not know what she was doing, either way...it was very frustrating! I got on the phone with her and she asked me what type of laptop I had, and I told her I had a MacBook. She then insisted that I tell her the model of my computer, and I repeatedly told her that it was a MacBook made by Apple and the lady still isn't understanding...so finally, after almost reaching a breaking point, she realizes what I am talking about and gives me an 8 digit password to type in. What do you know...it took me straight to the Internet. All she had to do was give me the password to start with instead of walking me through unnecessary steps. As I was thinking about how I spent so much time on the phone with this lady listening to unnecessary steps, I thought about how God must feel or what he must be thinking when he says "Kayla, I command you to..." and I question God saying send me a sign that this is really what you are saying. I can only imagine him saying, "I created you, I know what you are capable of. Quit making the task harder than it is, trust me, I am walking through it with you. I know the burden you can bear!" I question him and take many unnecessary steps to avoid the issue, when really, I could just make everything a lot easier by saying, "OK God, I said send me; therefore, now I will go!" It is amazing how getting frustrated about materialistic things can snap you back to reality so quickly and humble you more than anything else. I hope that you also take time to listen to God speak to you in the small still voice he speaks to me with! Work tomorrow. Back in a bit.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Pretty good analogy, Kayla! Love reading your blog. See you Sunday!

Katy said...

oh my goodness....how completely right you are!!! I love how you said all that! What a great example! :)

DaNella Auten said...

Hey that's a good Microburst!
Love ya,
D