Thursday, February 26, 2009

Regarding my last post

Thanks for the comments! So, I have called around, and so far, I have not found what I was looking for price wise; however, the day is not over yet! While I was thinking about my situation...I remembered something that a very wise person once told me. They said, "The brick walls are there for a reason. They're not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something."

This quote is so true. If you really want something bad enough, you don't let anything get in your way. However, I am sticking to what I said: if I don't get it for the price I want today; then, I will wait patiently for the right timing. Like Joanie said, God may have other plans for my money that I don't know about yet. So, enough with that topic.

I took English 102 during my 12th grade year. That is the worst time to take a college course on top of all of the senior work and activities; however, I really wanted that head start on things. Well, the high school counselor failed to get my paperwork in on time, so, I had to take what I could get, and that happened to be English 102 which meant tons of papers. I knew I could do it if I gave it my best; however, I did not give it my best. I finished the class with a 69. I needed just 1 more point. 

I am an English major, so, it deff. had nothing to do with my ability to write papers or the quality of work I could produce. The teacher was impossible, and I was overloaded. So, when I registered for my fall semester after I graduated, I decided to pay another $300 and take the class over in the classroom this time with a diff. teacher instead of on the Internet. I made an 'A' which is what I have made in all of my Eng. classes so far except for that 1 during my senior year. 

I was  under the impression that if I retook the class and made a satisfactory grade, the old grade would be removed from my transcript and not count toward my GPA; however,this is not the way it worked out. I need a transfer scholarship in order to keep from taking out another loan. For those of you who do not know, you pretty much have to have a 3.8-4.0 to get a transfer scholarship. Without the 'D' showing up on my transcript, I would have a 4.0 . . . which I have worked very hard for.

So, I spoke with a counselor at CACC about what I could do to get it taken off of my transcript. She then told me that CACC offers a forgiveness policy for only one grade on your transcript after considering certain circumstances. She told me to get a copy of my current transcript, and come back, and she would check to see if it can be cleared. That would be great, except for the fact that even if it is cleared by CACC and I transfer with a 4.0, the 4 yr. university that I transfer to has the option of bringing that grade back and averaging it with the grade after I retook it. If this happens, that will make my 'A'  and high 'D' average out to a 'C' which will bring my GPA down.  Please be praying that my hard work will pay off when I speak with an admissions counselor at UAB, Montevallo, and Auburn. These are my transfer options. Hopefully they will acknowledge all of my other grades, and just realize that it was a mistake, and it was punishment enough by having to pay for a class I didn't get credit for! I know God will provide :) Thanks for listening!

3 comments:

codie lee said...

You will get in... NO PROBLEM! I am so proud of you for having a 3.8! wow! I am jealous! D

But... I am thinking they don't know what they a re doing at CACC-a-lack... usually if you re-take a course, the previous time is completely erased from your transcript.

IDK... but that is what happened to one of my friends with the course we took out 12th grade year... You might want to look into that....

but congrats and good luck! i will keep you in my prayers! :)

Laura said...

Hi There!
I was just out Blog Walking and the title of your blog caught my eye. When I was a teenager I remember memorizing all of the Song of Solomon. :) Beautiful chapter of The Bible.
Anyhow I hope that you have a blessed day. (Oh yeah, I'd love to have an iphone too...trying desperatly to justify one.)
Laura

Matt said...

I just saw that you posted on someone else's blog, so I came here because I figured you posted something yourself...

...disappointed again :(